Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Kids Craft success!!??!

Well I conquered my first kids crafting class!! IT was a bit chaotic, but everyone had fun, created their own projects, and no one was injured!! Yeah!!  The first time you put yourself out there in a situation like this you have a little stress about wether you are capable to pull this off, and if you have chosen projects that are suitable for the age range of kiddos you have coming.  I learned several things from this first class.

Hot glue is an amazing thing for 7 year olds. The little whispy strings that you can create and then stretch across the room are simply put, Mesmerizing!  I am pretty sure I looked like I lived in a spider cave when I left for the night because I had strings of glue all over me. I would lean across the table to help a child, and the one that was standing next to me would pass the glue gun over my back to the girl on the other side of me, thus creating glue strings across my back and into my hair! Great!! And those of you who have seen me lately know my hair is already crazy so adding this affect really helped out!  Not really a big deal, but after awhile they are troublesome!!

I also now have a much better idea of what projects can be completed by different ages, and how long projects will take the kids to do.  I want to thank the parents that submitted their kiddos to my "guinea pig" class.  I learned alot from your kids, and I hope they had as much fun as I did!!

So I will be offering more crafting classes for kids! Yeah!  SInce the first time with 7 kiddos they each managed to create a fuzzy pumpkin, a pose-able mummy, and 3 bottlecap magnets. Everyone had fun, no one was injured and did I say it was fun!  Thanks again parents and kids! You Rock!

Check back often to see when the next class will be offered. Think a fall wreath project for adults, or maybe Christmas Present ideas for adults. and then we will go back to the kiddos for a Thanksgiving/fall class!!

Thanks
and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment