Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy almost Monday!

Happy Almost Monday!

 Sitting here at the computer trying to get a few things done while the little ones are peacefully sleeping and realized it is almost Monday!  Which for us is the first day of the first full week of school. With 2 of my 3 going off to school this year not sure if my house will be quieter, or crazier with only 1 little one left behind! Here's hope'n for quieter!! (ha)

Anyways! Just wanted to share a couple craftin tips!

I have learned through the years that crafting. Wait. I should say successful crafting, is alot about the desire to have a finished product, and the secret tips you know that will help you reach this finished product. Crafting instructions for the most part must all be written by some person out there who thinks we all know everything there is to know about that 1 type of craft!  But we don't!! For us novice crafters we like to have quick, sweet success! Not years of research, trials and failures. And so many projects look like soooo much fun, and they seem to have such a cute end result, but in real life that is soooooo not true! I know I am not the only one out there that has a small, ok big stack of half done, unfinished craft projects that started out with high hopes, and ended in bitter failure!!

Well, here are just a couple tips I have picked up here and there along the way. Maybe they can help you complete a couple long forgotten projects that you have given up on. 

Tip #1 - Hot glue guns are EVIL!!! Yep I said they are Evil. You think well, this will stick right together no problemo, only to find out it has not only slowly leaked onto your work surface but the little crapper has also left a glob of glue on the end of your finger, and is now strung from your project back to the table and possibly all over everything else in its path! ( including your hair) Plus you know have a nice welt burnt into your skin where the glue landed!!!!! EVIL!!
   The trick is to use a Low-Temp gun!! Yep they do make these and I am sure there are some projects out there that these don't work for. But I have yet to find one! You do have to move quicker getting your items laid together because the glue is not as hot so it will set quicker.  But the totally awesome side is you are not burnt or saying potty words that you don't want you kids to hear! Some low temps do string a little bit, but at least it's not burning you when it lands! I have allowed my 7 year old to use a low temp gun (with some supervison) and she walked away with out any bodily harm.

Tip #2 - Okay it is getting late, and my second great tip that I had has temporarily left my brain. Think I will just call it a night and maybe it will return to me in the morning!  Here's for hoping!

Also wanted to tell ya to check back for upcoming recipes! These have been tested, tasted, and loved! Don't miss out. Most are super easy as well!!


1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your posts! I love that I can put your voice to what I am reading and it makes me laugh..."potty words". Good job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete